Rotaract is a global organization that empowers students and young professionals to create positive change in their local communities and around the world. Rotaract provides unique opportunities that assist its members in becoming the business and professional leaders of tomorrow.
Members engage in a wide range of activities including social, professional and community events. Are you a young person making a difference in your community? Come and join us at the Boston Rotaract Club!
Rotaract Clubs are more than just community service groups. Each club is part of a global effort to bring peace and international understanding to the world. This effort starts at the community level, but it knows no limits in its outreach.
Rotaract is about HELP LEARN ENJOY. We help those in need, learn through professional development opportunities, and enjoy social activities
Rotaract has six goals:
- Develop professional and leadership skills
- Emphasize respect for the rights of others, based on recognition of the worth of each individual
- Recognize the dignity and value of all useful occupations as opportunities to serve
- Recognize, practice and promote ethical standards as leadership qualities and vocational responsibilities
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the needs, problems and opportunities in the community and worldwide
- Provide opportunities for personal and group activities to serve the community and promote international understanding and goodwill to all people
Why join Rotaract?
Rotaract connects you to a network of business, professional, and community leaders to facilitate the development of your personal and professional skills. Clubs seek industry experts to share stories and guidance, invite motivational speakers to meetings, and regularly engage in workshops and training on personal growth areas including leadership and communication.
Through community and international service projects, Rotaractors help improve the lives of the people around them. We support a range of organisations including Children’s Hospital, AstraZeneca Hope Lode Center, Rosie’s Place, the Boys & Girls Club, and ABCD Head Start just to name a few.
Rotaract, suitable for 18 to 30 year olds, has a strong social aspect. Our club creates awareness to fundraise through exciting social opportunities such as cook offs, trivia nights, raffles, walks, brewery tours and sky diving.
Meetings are regularly held at Fisher College – Trustee Reading Room, on the 1st and 3rd Thursday or every month. It’s accessible by T off the Arlington Station green line, and is located at 116 Beacon Street. Meetings start at 8pm and last one hour. Afterward, the crowd gathers at a local pub for fellowship.